Warm Temperate Continental Life Zone (lower
end av. of 12°C to 24°C mean positive temperature)
Defined by Annual Precipitation together with Evapotranspiration Rate
- Desert - Warm Temperate
- Desert Scrub - Warm Temperate
- Thorn Steppe - Warm Temperate
- Dry Forest - Warm Temperate
- Moist Forest - Warm Temperate
- Wet Forest - Warm Temperate
- Rain Forest - Warm Temperate
These pages are under construction and are being used to
break down the data on Habitats and Species Inter-relationships needed for the Future
Modules. They are in their very early stages at present, but need to be present for us to
ascertain their relationship to other data types.
- Further information held on each Biome to include Annual
Precipitation and Evapotranspiration.
- Further subdivision to specify detailed habitat types by
geographical location (e.g. West Coast North America as c.f. Central Europe)
- Detailed Habitat types to specify free-living species
interrelationships by "primary photosynthetic producers / herbivores / insectivores /
carnivores / omnivores - and to specify whether obligate etc.) ", environmental
events necessary to maintain environment (e.g. fire / freezing), soil / substrate type
(chemical constituents) and physical environment, altitude variations within habitat type.
top of page