WEST NILE VIRUS IN THE UNITED STATES:
Revised Guidelines for Surveillance, Prevention, and Control
Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention
- Jeffrey P. Koplan, M.D., M.P.H., Director
National Center for Infectious Diseases (NCID)
From a Workshop Held in Charlotte, North Carolina
- James M. Hughes, M.D., Director
- James E. McDade, Ph.D., Deputy Director
- Stephen M. Ostroff, M.D., Associate Director for Epidemiologic Science
January 31 - February 4, 2001
U.S. Department of Health
and Human Services
Public Health Service
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center for Infectious Diseases
Division of Vector-Borne Infectious Diseases
Fort Collins, Colorado
The following CDC, Division of Vector-Borne Infectious
Diseases staff members prepared this report:Duane J. Gubler, Sc.D., Director
Lyle R. Petersen, M.D., M.P.H.
John T. Roehrig, Ph.D.
Robert B. Craven, M.D.
Robert S. Lanciotti, Ph.D.
Grant R. Campbell, M.D., Ph.D.
Carl J. Mitchell, Sc.D.
Nicholas Komar, Sc.D.
Anthony R. Marfin, M.D., M.P.H.
Roger S. Nasci, Ph.D.
Harry M. Savage, Ph.D.
in consultation with:
Association of Public Health Laboratories
- Ron Cada, Dr.PH, President
Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
- James J. Gibson, M.D., M.P.H.
- Henry Anderson, M.D.
Environmental Protection Agency
- Arnold Layne
- Kevin Sweeney
Department of Army
- Patrick W. Kelley, M.D., Dr.PH., Director, Div. of Preventive Medicine & Global EI
National Association of County and City Health Officials
- Michael Meit, M.A., M.P.H., Acting Director, Public Health Practice Division
National Institutes of Health
- James M. Meegan, Ph.D., Program Officer, Acute Viral Diseases
National Parks Service
- Carol DiSalvo, IPM Coordinator (Eastern Lead), Biological Resources Management Division
National Wildlife Health Center
- Robert McLean, Ph.D., Director, Biological Resources Division
State Public Health Veterinarians
- Mary Grace Stobierski, D.V.M., M.P.H., State Public Health Veterinarian, Michigan
State Public Health Vector Control Conference
United States Department of Agriculture, Veterinary Services
- Alfonso Torres, D.V.M., Ph.D., Deputy Administrator
- Chester Gipson, D.V.M.
- Randall Crom, D.V.M.