|All about the NFBG
The National Federation of
Badger Groups (NFBG) is the only organisation solely dedicated to protecting badgers in
the UK. We represent 80 committed and active local badger groups and provide sound
scientific advice on all badger issues.
- We work in partnership with Police Wildlife Officers and the RSPCA to prosecute people
who harm badgers. We keep a national database on all incidents of badger persecution, to
enable us to monitor the problem and campaign for better protection for badgers.
- We are campaigning for a ban on all snares. Many badgers die in snares, which cause
terrible pain and suffering.
- Badger groups rescue injured badgers and release them once fully recovered. We work with
local councils to erect road signs at badger crossing points. We also advise the
Government on reducing badger fatalities on new roads.
- We coordinate the responsible rehabilitation and release of orphaned badger cubs. Adult
badgers are also rehabilitated following road accidents or injuries suffered in snares.
- We provide advice to planning authorities, developers and the public on reducing the
impact of development on badgers.
- We are working with other organisations to encourage the Government to find sustainable
solutions to bovine TB in cattle, which do not involve killing wildlife.
- We produce a range of fact sheets, guidelines, reports and other information on badger
issues, including badgers and the law, badger persecution, bovine TB in cattle, badger
rehabilitation, artificial sett-design, road and housing development, badger watching and
badgers in gardens. Most information is on the NFBG web site or can be obtained from the