- This hyperlink was operational at time of referencing this website.
- The hyperlink will only work when you are "on-line".
- Information on the Internet changes frequently and this reference relates only to
the data drawn down from the internet on the date in the reference suffix (e.g. W1.May00)
Website Ref - W598 - South African Veterinary Association
Referenced Responsibilities:- Conventions, Legislation, Codes of Conduct, Manuals
Consult the Specific Section References
at the end of this page for related links.
information has been taken directly from the South African Veterinary Foundation
The South African Veterinary Foundation was founded in 1984 and serves as the fund raising body
of the South African Veterinary Association. The SAVF is a non-profit, Article 21 company (fund
raising number 022002390002). The foundation was established to raise money to promote a greater
understanding of animals by means of research and an informed public.
Promotes veterinary and general animal related education
- sponsors and facilitates the publication of books
- promotes video and TV programmes
- produces and distributes brochures on animal diseases
- sponsors international specialists to present lectures in South Africa
On behalf of donors administers research and trust funds earmarked for specific projects in
Supports research into a variety of animal diseases and related problems
eg. Babesiosis in dogs
and Tuberculosis in wild animals
Administers Pet and Equine Memorial Funds as well as the Novartis/SAVF Wildlife Fund
Supports veterinary student contact with international student bodies and provides bursaries and
47 Gemsbok Avenue
Postal Address :
Tel. +27-12 346 1150/1
Fax +27-12 346 2929